Click to Home
HomeEmail PagePrint PageRSS
Go To Search
Frequently Asked Questions
  1. What is Formal/Supervised Probation?

Formal or supervised probation is a court ordered sanction that allows a person to remain in the community under the supervision of a probation officer. The terms and conditions of this supervision varies case by case. Probation can include jail time, fines, restitution, community service, counseling, drug/alcohol restrictions, or other sanctions.

  1. Where is the Probation Department located?

The Plumas County Adult and Juvenile Probation Department is located at 270 County Hospital Rd., Suite 128
in Quincy, California. We are located just west of the Sheriff’s Office at the corner of Sunshine Lane and East Main Street.

  1. How can I pay my Court or Probation fines, fees, or restitution?

Delinquent fines, fees, and restitution owed to Probation and the Court are collected by the Treasurer’s Department, located in the Plumas County Superior Court House at 520 Main Street. Their phone number is (530)283-6260.

  1. Can I vote while I am on probation?

Yes. In California, you have the right to vote while you are on probation. You must be a United States citizen, a resident of California, and at least 18 years of age.

Home         |         Contact Us         |         Agendas & Minutes         |         Sitemap         |         Accessibility         |         Powered by CivicPlus         |         Copyright Notices