Public Involvement Program
For the review and critique of the replacement solid waste franchise contracts, Public Works staff is implementing a Public Involvement Program.
The prominent aspects of the Public Involvement Program will include:
- Creation of a County web page for the update process, including internet availability for the public of the latest version of the replacement contracts being negotiated.
- Public Works staff will continue to negotiate with the franchise contractors in regard to final contract language, including coordination with all other County solid waste stakeholder Departments and Offices.
- Establishment of an email notification list, comprised of interested persons having a desire to be aware of all recent updates and/or having a desire to submit proposed contract language or policies for consideration.
- Public Works staff will utilize the email list to inform interested persons of the recent updates and public meeting opportunities on the re3placement contract activity
- Prior to submittal of the final draft proposed contracts to the Board of Supervisors for approval consideration, at least one (1) Public Information Meeting (PIM) will be scheduled in each of the supervisorial districts.
Public Works encourages county residents to read the proposed contracts.
Current and draft solid waste contracts can be found on the Solid Waste Franchise Contract Revisions page
Comments and questions on the contracts and/or contract language can be sent to: Public Involvement Program E-mail
Comments may also be submitted in writing to:
Plumas County Department of Public Works
1834 East Main Street
Quincy, CA 95971
Subject: “SW Contracts”