Fire Safe Council
"To reduce the loss of natural and manmade resources caused by wildfire through Firewise community programs and pre-fire activities."
2012 Annual Goals:
- Implement and amend as necessary the Plumas County Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP),
- Increase public knowledge and awareness of the wildland fire hazard and efforts they can make to reduce their threat,
- Develop more community-based involvement,
- Implement community hazardous fuel reduction projects,
- Continue to pursue grant funds,
- Develop a strategy to provide for sustainable and renewable project funding and reduce the Council's dependence on grant funding
- Explore green waste disposal options and community chipping options
FireSafe Council Meeting:
PC FSC holds their regularly scheduled monthly meetings on the 2nd Thursday of each month.