I NEED TO CREATE A CERS ACCOUNT:
- Go to CERS homepage at http://cers.calepa.ca.gov
- Click on "New Account" and enter the required information. A demo video is available.
- An email will be sent, telling you to activate your account. Follow the instructions given in that email. You will then be asked to sign in at the Business Portal.
- If needed, request access to your business information.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY ACCOUNT?:
Each facility must be updated once a year. If there are no changes to be made, CERS has created a feature that allows owners to update without making any changes. Please note that if a facility has not made an annual update to their account, the Office of Environmental Health will not issue a new permit until it is done.
There are instances when you should update your account before the anniversary date. If there are ANY changes made to your facility, such as ownership, mailing and contact information, type of hazardous waste, etc., you must update your account.
I ALREADY HAVE A CERS ACCOUNT, I NEED TO LOGIN:
- On the CERS homepage there is a log in option for Businesses (Green) and Regulators (Blue). Click on the 'Business Portal Sign-In'.
- Enter your User ID and click 'Next'
- Enter your password and click 'Next' to continue.
- If you have forgotten your User ID or Password or are having difficulty logging in, select 'Forget your user name and password?' located just below the text box and follow the screen promptings.
I WANT TO ADD A NEW USER TO MY ACCOUNT:
- Select your business
- Click on 'People/Users'
- Click on 'Add a Person' and follow the screen promptings.
HOW DO I EDIT AN EXISTING USER:
- Select the user you wish to make changes to and select the edit button located at the bottom of the page and make your changes. Be sure to save your changes.
HOW DO I VIEW MY BUSINESS INFORMATION?:
1. After you have successfully logged in, select your facility
2. Click 'Start/Edit Submittal'
3. Select and click on the page you wish to view.
HOW DO I UPDATE / EDIT MY BUSINESS INFORMATION?
1. Select the page you want to edit
2. Click on the 'Start New Submittal' link and choose 'Based on a copy of the last submittal'
3. Review your information and make changes
4. Save changes to create a draft
5. Submit ALL draft pages to update CERS facility data.
I AM REQUIRED TO UPDATE MY FACILITY, BUT THERE ARE NO CHANGES:
If there are no changes to your facility, but you need to make an annual update, follow the directions in the NO CHANGE IN HMBP box located directly below the Instructions/Help box. This is located on the 'Prepare Draft Submittal' Page
If you have any questions, concerns, or need help with your CERS account, please contact our office at (530) 283-6355.