Vote By Mail
All voters will receive a Vote By Mail ballot approximately 29 days prior to each election.
If you need a replacement ballot
1. Print your name, Plumas County residence address and the address to send your ballot.
2. Include the date of the election that you want the replacement ballot for.
3. Sign and date your request, mail, fax or email to us.
Plumas County Clerk-Recorder Elections Division
520 Main Street Room 102
Quincy, CA 95971
1. Call the Elections Division at 530-283-6256 or 1-844-676-VOTE.
2. Provide your name, home residence address and date of birth (all must match your current voter registration on file).
3. An application for a Vote by Mail ballot made by any person other than the registered voter is a criminal offense
1. To send your request by email:
2. Provide your name, Plumas County residence address, date of birth, address you want your ballot mailed to and a contact phone number.
3. Only request a ballot for yourself - every voter must request their own ballot.
Do you have a "Seasonal Address" that you want your ballot mailed to?
You can have your Vote By Mail ballot mailed to you while you are away from your regular address. Complete the application here -
This request will remain in effect unless you notify the office of any changes. Remember, Vote By Mail ballots are mailed 29 days prior to every election.
Returning your voted Vote by Mail ballot
Once you have voted your Vote by Mail ballot, your signature and Plumas County residence address are required on the RETURN ID ENVELOPE for your ballot to be counted. Ballots that arrive back to the Elections Division without the voter's signature or residence address cannot be counted unless we can contact the voter to provide the missing information.
Return ID Envelopes
Enclose your voted ballot and drop in the mail. It must be postmarked by Election Day to be counted. To make sure your ballot is one of the first ballots to be counted and included in the initial summary reports, vote and mail your ballot back to the Elections Department early for processing.