Plumas County Fire Safe Council helps to reduce the loss of natural and
human made resources caused by wildfire through Firewise community
programs and pre-fire activities
2017 Annual Goals
- Implement and amend as necessary the Plumas County Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP),
- Increase public knowledge and awareness of the wildland fire hazard and efforts they can make to reduce their threat,
- Develop more community-based involvement,
- Implement community hazardous fuel reduction projects,
- Continue to pursue grant funds,
- Develop a strategy to provide for sustainable and renewable project funding and reduce the Council's dependence on grant funding,
- Explore green waste disposal options and community chipping options.
PCFSC holds regularly scheduled monthly meetings on the 2nd Thursday of each month.
For the date of the next meeting, please visit: Plumas County Fire Safe Council website