Certain applications under the purview of the Planning Department are discretionary applications and require review and action by Plumas County’s Zoning Administrator. The role of the Zoning Administrator is assumed by Plumas County’s Planning Director. For more information call: Tracey Ferguson, AICP, Planning Director at (530) 283-6214.
Zoning Administrator meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month in the Planning and Building Services Conference Room located at 555 Main Street, Quincy.
The duties of the Zoning Administrator are to act as a hearing officer and take action on discretionary applications and projects. The types of applications requiring review and action by the Zoning Administrator are:
- Certificate of Compliance
- Extension of Time
- Modification Permit
- Permit to Mine/Reclamation Plan
- Planned Development Permit
- Site Development Permit
- Special Use Permit
- Tentative Map
For more specific details on each type of application mentioned above, please visit the Planning Department’s Application and Handouts webpage.
After submitting an application to the Planning Department requiring review and action by the Zoning Administrator, the process generally involves the following:
- Planning staff opens a 30 day review period beginning from the date of application receipt, and then, based on the application and information submitted, Planning staff reviews the project and solicits comment from all departments and agencies affected by the project to determine if an application is complete.
- If the application is determined complete by Planning staff within the 30 day review period, a staff recommendation is prepared and a public hearing before the Zoning Administrator is scheduled for the next regularly scheduled meeting, while ensuring public noticing requirements are met. If a Negative Declaration or Environmental Impact Report is required as part of the staff recommendation, processing time may be as long as four to six months.
- At the public hearing, the Zoning Administrator will make a decision on the project, which may entail approval, conditional approval, or denial. Prior to the Zoning Administrator making a decision on the project at the public hearing, the project applicant (and/or representative of the project applicant) and the public will have an opportunity to comment on the project.
Decisions of the Zoning Administrator are appealable to the Plumas County Board of Supervisors. Appeals of the Zoning Administrator’s decision must be filed within 10 days from the date of the decision to be considered by the Board of Supervisors.
Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting - May 12, 2021
Hearing - Conditional Certificate of Compliance (Kirby) - STAFF REPORT
Hearing - Conditional Certificate of Compliance (Hickman) - STAFF REPORT
Hearing - Tentative Parcel Map and Modification Permit (Taylor) - STAFF REPORT
Hearing - Special Use Permit (Plumas County Behavioral Health / Environmental Alternatives) - STAFF REPORT
Agendas and Minutes
Application Information (for future meeting / not ready for hearing):
Portola Aggregates, 77413 Meadow Way, Portola APNs 025-050-055 & 025-100-036; Owner, TLT Enterprises LLC / Operator, Hat Creek Construction, Inc.
Application - Permit to Mine (received November 17, 2020)
Application - Special Use Permit (received November 18, 2020)
Proposed Mining and Reclamation Plan (November 2020)
Appendix A - Current Reclamation Plan
Appendix B - Visual Quality Analysis
Appendix C - NRCS Soils Report
Appendix D - Biological Resources Assessment
Appendix E - Geotechnical Report
Appendix F - Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)