Quincy Book Club
Community Book Club Guidelines
Hosted with Barn Owl Books
During winter, we have moved to Zoom Meetings. If you are not already on the book club list to receive the zoom meeting information, please email Kara at firstname.lastname@example.org to get added.
Book Choice of the Month(s):
Tues Nov 17 2020 at 5:30pm: Bunny by Mona Awad [can be found in our catalog here]
Tues Dec 15 2020 at 5:30pm: The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates [can be found in our catalog here]
- Books will be picked two months in advance at the monthly meeting (e.g. books for November will be picked at the September meeting.)
- Book selections can be nominated by any attendee. Final selection will be decided on by a vote. Nominated books must be less than 450 pages and must be available in paperback. [Note: Librarian or bookstore employee has final say if the selected book is appropriate for the group.]
- Several copies of the month’s book pick will be available at the library. Selections will not be available through the zip book program.
- Books will also be available for sale at Barn Owl Books.
The Plumas County Library and Barn Owl Books would like to foster an environment that is safe, fun, and conducive to the enjoyment of the book discussion among book club members. Please:
- Maintain a respectful attitude toward all book club members.
- Respect the opinions and/or viewpoints of other members.
- Share the floor and make sure all attendees get an opportunity to speak.
Book Choices of the 2020 Year:
Jan Choice: The House of Broken Angels by Luis Alberto Urrea [found in our catalog here]
Feb Choice: November Road by Lou Berney [found in our catalog here]
March Choice: America For Beginners by Leah Franqui [found in our catalog here]
April Choice: Whiskey When We're Dry by John Larison [found in our catalog here]
August Choice: Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson [can be found in our catalog here]
Sept Choice:Trust Exercise by Susan Choi [can be found in our catalog here]
Oct & Nov Choice: Bunny by Mona Awad [can be found in our catalog here]
Dec Choice: The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates [can be found in our catalog here]