Quincy Book Club
Community Book Club Guidelines
Hosted with Barn Owl Books
Monthly meetings of the book club shall be held on the third Tuesday of every month at 4:30pm - 5:30pm in the Quincy Library Public Meeting Room.
Book Choice of the Month(s):
March 17 2020: America For Beginners by Leah Franqui [found in our catalog here]
April 21 2020: Whiskey When We’re Dry by John Larison [found in our catalog here]
- Books will be picked two months in advance at the monthly meeting (e.g. books for November will be picked at the September meeting.)
- Book selections can be nominated by any attendee. Final selection will be decided on by a vote. Nominated books must be less than 450 pages and must be available in paperback. [Note: Librarian or bookstore employee has final say if the selected book is appropriate for the group.]
- Several copies of the month’s book pick will be available at the library. Selections will not be available through the zip book program.
- Books will also be available for sale at Barn Owl Books.
The Plumas County Library and Barn Owl Books would like to foster an environment that is safe, fun, and conducive to the enjoyment of the book discussion among book club members. Please:
- Maintain a respectful attitude toward all book club members.
- Respect the opinions and/or viewpoints of other members.
- Share the floor and make sure all attendees get an opportunity to speak.
Book Choices of the 2020 Year:
Jan Choice: The House of Broken Angels by Luis Alberto Urrea [found in our catalog here]
Feb Choice: November Road by Lou Berney [found in our catalog here]