YA Book Club
Community YA Book Club Guidelines
We will meet at the Quincy Library Meeting Room the last Thursday of the month, 4:30pm-5:30pm.
First Meeting will be Thurs Sept 29, 2022. Registration is not required.
Share the flyer with your friends!
YA Book Club is aimed at Young Adults between 14-22 years old.
Current Book Choice of the Month(s):
September: Scythe by Neal Shusterman [will be available in the catalog soon]
October: A Cuban Girl's Guide to Tea and Tomorrow by Laura Taylor Namey [can be found in the catalog here]
November: Yolk by Mary H.K. Choi [will be available in the catalog soon]
- Books will be picked two months in advance at the monthly meeting (e.g. books for November will be picked at the September meeting.)
- Library Staff will provide a list of at least four books to vote on at each meeting; attendees may nominate books to be added to the final vote too. Final selection will be decided on by a vote. Nominated books must be less than 450 pages and must be available in paperback. [Note: Library Staff has final say if the selected book is appropriate for the group.]
- Several copies of the month’s book pick will be available at the library. Selections will not be available through the zip book program. If demand is there, one copy of the book will also be available through Overdrive as an e-book.
Plumas County Library would like to foster an environment that is safe, fun, and conducive to the enjoyment of the book discussion among book club members. Please:
- Maintain a respectful attitude toward all book club members.
- Respect the opinions and/or viewpoints of other members.
- Share the floor and make sure all attendees get an opportunity to speak.