The Human Resources Department performs many functions including:
- Administering the County's benefit programs
- Advising departments on hiring, disciplinary actions, and other personnel procedures set forth in the personnel rules
- Arranging for employee training
- Assisting the general services officer with budget preparation by providing current position allocation, salary, and benefits information affecting position control
- Conducting personnel recruitment for all County offices and all positions except for the Department of Social Services and Child Support, which are covered by law under the State Merit System
- Filing state and federal forms associated with unemployment, EEO/EEOC, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, and state disability
- Monitoring all Oral Board interviews
- Notifying PERS when there is a new hire and when someone resigns/retires
- Preparing job classification reviews
- Providing a qualified list of candidates to department heads from which they conduct interviews and make their selections
- Serving as the official depository for each employee's personnel file
- Serving as the County's affirmative action officer
- Testing/proctoring for many positions throughout County departments including Probation Officers, Corrections, Dispatchers, and office support staff
The Human Resources Department is responsible for the automated data entry of all information pertaining to payroll, except the input of time cards, the distribution of checks, and W-2 forms.
For matters pertaining to time cards, check distribution, and W-2 copies, please contact the Auditor's Office at (530) 283-6246.
Plumas County Organizational Chart
View the Plumas County Organizational Chart.