Am I allowed to camp in an RV on the property?

Camping is permitted on private land (non-commercial/not a campground) for no more than 120 days in a calendar year if all aspects of the County health regulations are met and subject to the concurrence of the property owner. After 17 consecutive days proper health and sanitation is required (e.g., RV hook up for well and septic). Note, the number of RVs used for camping may be at least one (1) and otherwise shall not exceed the number of dwelling units and additional quarters and the guest house permitted on the property by the zoning, less the number thereof on the property.

*Camping is prohibited countywide in Single-Family Residential Zones (2-R, 3-R, 7-R), Multiple-Family Residential Zone (M-R), Core Commercial Zone (C-1), Periphery Commercial Zone (C-2), Convenience Commercial Zone (C-3), Recreation-Open Space Zone (Rec-OS), Open Space Zone (OS), and Lake Zone (L).

*Camping is allowed countywide in Suburban (S-1), Secondary Suburban (S-3), Rural (R-10), Rural (R-20), Recreation Commercial (R-C), Recreation (Rec-P, Rec-1, Rec-3, Rec-10, Rec-20), Heavy Industrial (I-1), Light Industrial (I-2), Agricultural Preserve (AP), General Agriculture (GA), Timberland Production (TPZ), General Forest (GF), and Mining (M).

Show All Answers

1. What is the parcel zoning and APN?
2. Where else can I find the parcel APN?
3. Can I build a second unit on my parcel?
4. Does the parcel have any combining zones?
5. Can I have chickens?
6. Can I have horses, cows, pigs, sheep, goats…?
7. When do I need a special use permit?
8. How are uses defined?
9. How do I obtain a special use permit?
10. How do you combine two or more parcels into one parcel?
11. How do you move property lines to reconfigure parcel boundaries?
12. I have two APNs. How do I know if I have two legal sellable parcels?
13. Does the County have PUD conditions on file?
14. Does the County have HOA CC&Rs on file?
15. Where can I find recorded maps?
16. Where can I find FEMA floodplain maps?
17. Where do I find planning applications?
18. I need to call Caltrans for an encroachment permit issue, who should I call?
19. I need to call HCD to start a mobilehome / RV park, who should I call?
20. I need to call CAL FIRE Lassen Modoc-Unit, who should I call?
21. What is required by AB 38 (2019)?
22. Where do I find the Minimum Fire Safe Regulations?
23. How do I know if the parcel is in a Firewise community?
24. Does being in a Firewise community help with obtaining fire insurance?
25. Where are wedding venues allowed?
26. How do I know if the parcel is in a Williamson Act Contract?
27. Am I allowed to camp in an RV on the property?
28. Can I live year-round in a tiny home on wheels?