INVITATION FOR BIDS
SEALED PROPOSALS must be delivered to Plumas County Facility Services and Airports, 198 Andy’s Way, Quincy, California 95971, clearly marked:
CHESTER, PLUMAS COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
SNOW PLOW AND TRUCK
until 2:00 p.m. local time on Wednesday, July 3 , 2019, at which time and place they will be opened and publicly read aloud. These proposals shall be for furnishing all labor, material, tax, transportation, equipment, and services necessary for the construction of all work covered by:
CHESTER, PLUMAS COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
SNOW PLOW AND TRUCKAIP NO. 3-06-0040-___-2019
Obtaining or Inspecting Contract Documents. Bid documents (plans/specifications) may be obtained beginning June 5, 2019, online through CIP List.com at http://www.ciplist.com/plans/?Plumas/county/218
All addenda will be posted through CIP List.com.
Contract Time. This work shall be completed in accordance with details described in the specifications for this project. All work called for in this contract shall be completed within Three Hundred Sixty Five (365) calendar days.
Bidder’s Bond. Bids must be sealed and accompanied by cash, a certified or cashier's check, equivalent to ten percent (10%) of the proposal, payable to the order of Plumas County, to guarantee that if a proposal is accepted, a contract will be entered into and its performance secured. A Bidder's Bond to like effect and amount with a corporate surety will be acceptable for this project. Bids must be in writing and signed by or on behalf of the bidder.
Award of Contract. The contract will be awarded to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder. All proposals must be made on the forms as contained in the specifications for the previously described project and shall in all respects comply with the Instructions to Bidders and Contract Documents. Bids must be in writing and signed by or on behalf of the bidder. Each bidder must supply all the information required by the bid documents and specifications.
Plumas County reserves the right to reject any and/or all bids or to utilize any alternate procedures as authorized by California Public Contracts Code Sections 20166 and 20167, and accept such bids as are to the best interest of the County. No bidder may withdraw his/her bid for a period of one hundred twenty (120) days after the date set for the opening thereof.
Bonding Requirements. The successful bidder will be required to furnish a Performance Bond for 100 percent of the contract price to secure fulfillment of all the bidder's obligations under such contract.
Federal Provisions. The work to be done is being financed in whole or in part by means of a grant made by the United States acting through the Federal Aviation Administration of the Department of Transportation. This project is subject to the Federal provisions, statutes and regulations as set forth below and in the project specifications:
- Buy American Preference - The Contractor agrees to comply with 49 USC § 50101, which provides that Federal funds may not be obligated unless all steel and manufactured goods used in AIP funded projects are produced in the United States, unless the Federal Aviation Administration has issued a waiver for the product; the product is listed as an Excepted Article, Material Or Supply in Federal Acquisition Regulation subpart 25.108; or is included in the FAA Nationwide Buy American Waivers Issued list. A bidder or offeror must complete and submit the Buy America certification included herein with their bid or offer. The Owner will reject as nonresponsive any bid or offer that does not include a completed Certificate of Buy American Compliance.
- Foreign Trade Restriction – 49 CFR Part 30 and 49 USF § 50104 – A completed and signed Trade Restriction Certification must be submitted with the bid for this contract. This certification is included in the Bid Proposal.
- Debarment and Suspension – 49 CFR Part 29 - A completed and signed Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, Ineligibility and Voluntary Exclusion must be submitted with the bid for this contract. This certification is included in the Bid Proposal.
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise – The Owner’s award of this contract is conditioned upon Bidder or Offeror satisfying the good faith effort requirements of 49 CFR §26.53.
As a condition of bid responsiveness, the Bidder or Offeror must submit the following information with its proposal on the forms provided herein:
(1) The names and addresses of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms that will participate in the contract;
(2) A description of the work that each DBE firm will perform;
(3) The dollar amount of the participation of each DBE firm listed under (1)
(4) Written statement from Bidder or Offeror that attests their commitment to use the DBE firm(s) listed under (1) to meet the Owner’s project goal; and
(5) If Bidder or Offeror cannot meet the advertised project DBE goal, evidence of good faith efforts undertaken by the Bidder or Offeror as described in appendix A to 49 CFR part 26.
The successful Bidder or Offeror must provide written confirmation of participation from each of the DBE firms the Bidder or Offeror lists in their commitment. This Bidder or Offeror must submit the DBE’s written confirmation of participation within 5 days after bid opening.
Plumas County has established a DBE goal of 1% Race Neutral.
- Lobbying Federal Employees – 31 USC § 1352, 2 CFR Part 200, Appendix II(J), 49 CFR Part 20, Appendix A – A completed and signed Certification Regarding Lobbying must be submitted with the bid for this contract. This certification is included in the Bid Proposal.
Plumas County, in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 USC §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all bidders or offerors that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
Monthly progress payments shall be made to the Contractor for the value of the work completed during the preceding month, less a five percent (5%) security withhold. At the request and expense of the Contractor, securities equivalent to the amount withheld shall be deposited with the City or with a state or federally chartered bank as the escrow agent, who shall return such securities to the Contractor upon satisfactory completion of the contract. Securities eligible for investment under this section shall include those listed in Government Code Section 16430 or bank or savings and loan certificates of deposit. The Contractor shall be the beneficial owner of any securities substituted for monies withheld and shall receive any interest thereon.