Plumas County Behavioral Health Commission
- Advocate for the highest possible quality of life;
- Advocate for the elimination of stigma through education;
- Advocate for the removal of barriers to service; and
Provide oversight and work in partnership with the staff of the County Behavioral Health Department.
State law requires that each county have a Behavioral Health Board or Commission. The Board of Supervisors appoints members for three-year terms. Board members advise the Board of Supervisors and the Behavioral Health Director on various aspects of local Behavioral health programs.
The role of the Board is established in the Welfare and Institutions (W&I) Code under section 5604.2:
- Review and evaluate the community's mental health needs, services, facilities and special programs.
- Review any county agreements entered into pursuant to W&I Code Section 5650.
- Advise the Board of Supervisors and the local Behavioral Health Director regarding any aspects of the local mental health programs.
- Review and approve the procedures used to ensure citizen and professional involvement at all stages of the planning process.
- Submit an annual report to the Board of Supervisors on the needs and performance of the county's mental health system.
- Review and make recommendations on applicants for the appointment of the local mental health director. The Board shall be included in the selection process prior to the vote of the governing body.
- Review and comment on the county's performance outcome data and communicate its findings to the State Mental Health Planning Council.
- Assess the impact of the realignment of services from the state to the county on services delivered to clients and on the local community.
- The Board of Supervisors may transfer additional duties or authority to the Behavioral Health Board.
- Lori Simpson- Interim Chair
Email Lori Simpson
- Valerie Sheldon- Vice Chair- UNDESIGNATED(2020)
Email Valerie Sheldon
- Pastor Kendrah Fredricksen-Secretary/Treasurer-FAMILY MEMBER(2020)
Email Kendrah Fredricksen
- Vicki Chestnut- UNDESIGNATED(2021)
Email Vicki Chestnut
- Estres Wellings- UNDESIGNATED(2020)
Email Valerie Sheldon
- Two (2) vacancies-
Family Member-1 Consumer Position-1
Behavioral Health Commission Bylaws
Behavioral Health Staff
- Tony Hobson, Ph.D
Behavioral Health Director
Email Tony Hobson
- Jackie Martinez-Blanton- Continuing Care Coordinator
Email Jackie Martinez-Blanton
- Jessica McGill- Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager
Email Jessica McGill
- IT Department- Can publish Agenda/Minutes
Lorrie Bennett - Email Lorrie Bennett
Dave Preston - Email Dave Preston
- John Posch- Recording Clerk (Non-Voting)
Email John Posch
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH COMMISSION
(3 YEAR TERM) Pursuant to W&I §5604 the Commission shall include: 3 Family Members; 3 Consumers; 1 Family Member or Consumer; 1 member of the Board of Supervisors; and the remaining membership is "Undesignated"
A Printable roster can be found here:
2019 BH Commission Roster with emails (PDF)