Plumas County Behavioral Health
If you are experiencing a behavioral health crisis situation, please call 1-800-757-7898 or 530-283-6307. If you are in a life-threatening emergency situation,
1. New and Improved 24/7 Access and Crisis line services available to Plumas County residents. Call anytime, day or night to reach a clinical professional and receive linkage to routine and urgent Mental Health and/or Substance Use Disorder services. The 24/7 Access and Crisis line will be answered by Plumas County Behavioral Health Staff Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, excluding holidays and office closures. After hours, weekends and holidays, the line will be answered by a new contracted provider.
- Services available through this line include:
- Information on available Behavioral Health Services
- How to file a Grievance, Appeal or for a State Fair Hearing
- Being provided a routine new or returning client appointment
- Crisis support for mental health and substance use needs
- Next day urgent/crisis appointments with the clinician of the day
- Community Resources and supports
- How to make a referral to Behavioral Health
2. New hotline specifically for caregivers provided by the "Caregiver Action Network". You can reach the Caregiver Help Desk by calling 1-855-227-3640. For information on this new line, you can check out this news link https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/theres-now-a-hotline-specifically-for-caregivers or you can visit their website caregiveraction.org
3. TO: DUI PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS
PLUMAS SIERRA COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS, LLC HAS TERMINATED PROGRAM LICENSURE WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CARE SERVICES AND IS NO LONGER AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE DUI PROGRAM SERVICES.
PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE UNTIL
TO COMPLETE THE TRANSFER AND ENROLLMENT PROCESS AND COMMENCE SERVICES IN AN ALTERNATE LICENSED PROGRAM OF THEIR CHOOSING.
FOR QUESTIONS AND INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR PROGRAM TRANSFER AND ENROLLMENT PLEASE CONTACT TORI BROWN WITH PLUMAS COUNTY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH at (530) 283-6307, FROM 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
New Winter Hours for the Chester Wellness Center
The Chester wellness center will now be open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM during the winter months.
Getting Started Accessing Services
Plumas County Behavioral Health now offers Open Access Clinics in our four major communities!
Quincy Annex- 270 County Hospital Rd, Quincy, 95971 MONDAY & WEDNESDAYS
Chester Wellness Center- 372 Main St, Chester, CA 96020 FRIDAYS
Greenville Wellness Center- 414 Main St, Greenville, CA 95947 TUESDAYS
Portola Wellness Center- 280 E Sierra Ave, Portola, CA 96122 TUESDAYS
Access appointments are first-come, first-serve
Registration begins at 8:00 AM Intakes start at 8:30 AM
Must be signed in by 11:00 AM
Expect your initial visit to take 1-2 Hours
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Please bring a photo ID and your Medi-CAL insurance card. If you are not a Medi-CAL beneficiary or un-insured, please contact your private insurance for a list of providers in your area.
Proof of income is preferred but not required.
Please arrange childcare for children under 12.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU:
We are dedicated to providing those we serve with quality innovative behavioral health care in a recovery-based environment. If you have any questions about access or our services please call the main office at (530)-283-6307
Our Mission is to provide respectful, culturally sensitive and strength-based behavioral health services which promote wellness, self-sufficiency, and recovery from mental illness and/or addiction
Additional information can be attained by calling Plumas County Behavioral Health at (530) 283-6307.
Between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
After hours and holidays, crisis assessments can be initiated by calling our 24/7 access line (530)-283-6307.
In situations involving immediate risks to public safety dial 9-1-1
A wide range of services are available, from short-term to intensive, based on your needs. These time-limited services are designed to foster resiliency in individuals and families and to promote wellness
- Tony Hobson, Ph.D. -Director
- Kathy Schwartz, LMFT-Unit Clinical Supervisor
- Pamela Schaffer, LCSW-Unit Clinical Supervisor
- Sharon Sousa, LMFT-Unit Clinical Supervisor
- Jessica McGill- Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager
- Elizabeth McAllister- Patients Rights Advocate
Email: email@example.com Phone: (530)-616-1638