Plumas County Behavioral Health
If you are experiencing a behavioral health crisis situation, please call 1-800-757-7898 or 530-283-6307.
If you are in a life-threatening emergency situation, dial 9-1-1
"In this time of a world-wide pandemic, it is important to keep in mind the high level of resilience that individuals, families, and communities evidence. In order to support and bolster such resilience, I am making my book ROADMAP TO RESILIENCE available for FREE to help individuals cope with ongoing adversities and losses". To get info go here ROADMAP TO RESILIENCE
Feeling Stressed by COVID‑19?
Help is just a phone call away!
CalHOPE Warm Line:
(833) 317-HOPE (4673)
Are you frustrated? Stressed? Worried? Then call to talk with people like yourself and get emotional support and coping tricks. We can connect you with resources to help during these uncertain times.
Accessing care and our services during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Plumas County Behavioral Health is here to support our communities during this time of heightened concern and uncertainty.
This is how our services are changing to limit exposure while continuing to serve our community.
- Medication management is by appointment only and if the client is symptom-free.
- Jail-based services are being provided through telehealth equipment.
- Crisis services will remain unchanged for now.
- We plan to structure our lobbies where people are required to sit six feet apart and will continually disinfect all common areas.
24/7 Free Medi-Nurse Call Line Launches for COVID-19 Questions: (877) 409-9052
DHCS (Department of Health Care Services) launched a free, 24/7 Medi-Nurse advice line to answer questions about COVID-19 for anyone who:
• Doesn’t have insurance, or
• Is a Medi-Cal beneficiary but doesn’t have a regular doctor or managed care plan to oversee their care.
The nurses who field the questions can help callers:
• Understand if symptoms might be related to COVID-19
• Determine whether they need to self-isolate
• Decide if they need to see a doctor to get tested and/or treated
• Connect with a Medi-Cal provider who can help them get enrolled
Please tell the people you serve about the new Medi-Nurse line to help them understand more about COVID-19 symptoms, testing, and treatment. Flyers and social media content to share are on the DHCS website (dhcs.ca.gov/medi-nurse).
Medi-Nurse Call Line: (877) 409-9052
1. New and Improved 24/7 Access and Crisis line services available to Plumas County residents. Call anytime, day or night to reach a clinical professional and receive linkage to routine and urgent Mental Health and/or Substance Use Disorder services. The 24/7 Access and Crisis line will be answered by Plumas County Behavioral Health Staff Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, excluding holidays and office closures. After hours, weekends and holidays, the line will be answered by a new contracted provider.
Services available through this line include:
- Information on available Behavioral Health Services
- How to file a Grievance, Appeal or for a State Fair Hearing
- Being provided a routine new or returning client appointment
- Crisis support for mental health and substance use needs
- Next day urgent/crisis appointments with the clinician of the day
- Community Resources and supports
- How to make a referral to Behavioral Health
2. New hotline specifically for caregivers provided by the "Caregiver Action Network". You can reach the Caregiver Help Desk by calling 1-855-227-3640. For information on this new line, you can check out this news link https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/theres-now-a-hotline-specifically-for-caregivers or you can visit their website caregiveraction.org
4. Open Access in all Wellness Centers will resume March 3rd
Getting Started Accessing Services
Open Access in the Centers will resume March 3rd
Until March 3rd, Open access will be by appointment only.
Please contact us at (530) 283-6307 to make an appointment.
Plumas County Behavioral Health will be initiating assessments at the Wellness Centers around the County in addition to the Annex office on the following days:
Greenville Wellness Center- 414 Main St, Greenville, CA 95947 TUESDAYS
Quincy Annex- 270 County Hospital Rd, Quincy, 95971 MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS
Portola Wellness Center- 280 E Sierra Ave, Portola, CA 96122 THURSDAYS
Chester Wellness Center- 372 Main St, Chester, CA 96020 FRIDAYS**
Access appointments are first-come, first-serve
Registration begins at 8:00 AM Intakes start at 8:30 AM Chester's registration starts at 9:00 AM
Must be signed in by 11:00 AM
Expect your initial visit to take 1-2 Hours
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Please bring a photo ID and your Medi-CAL insurance card. If you are not a Medi-CAL beneficiary or un-insured, please contact your private insurance for a list of providers in your area.
Proof of income is preferred but not required.
Please arrange childcare for children under 12.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU:
We are dedicated to providing those we serve with quality innovative behavioral health care in a recovery-based environment. If you have any questions about access or our services please call the main office at (530)-283-6307, dial 0.
Our Mission is to provide respectful, culturally sensitive, and strength-based behavioral health services which promote wellness, self-sufficiency, and recovery from mental illness and/or addiction
Additional information can be attained by calling Plumas County Behavioral Health at (530) 283-6307.
Between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
After hours and holidays, crisis assessments can be initiated by calling our 24/7 access line (530)-283-6307.
In situations involving immediate risks to public safety dial 9-1-1
A wide range of services are available, from short-term to intensive, based on your needs. These time-limited services are designed to foster resiliency in individuals and families and to promote wellness
- Tony Hobson, Ph.D. -Director
- Kathy Schwartz, LMFT-Unit Clinical Supervisor
- Sharon Sousa, LMFT-Unit Clinical Supervisor
- Jessica McGill- Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager
- Elizabeth McAllister- Patients Rights Advocate
Email: email@example.com Phone: (530)-616-1638