- Departments A - F
- Environmental Health
- Hazardous Materials Management
Hazardous Materials Management (CUPA)
Temporary Emergency Generator HMBP Exemption
In accordance with California Health & Safety Code Section 25507(f), please submit any comments or questions regarding the below applications to email@example.com.
Elks Lodge Chester Exemption Application (link to PDF) Elks Lodge Quincy Exemption Application (link to PDF)
The Hazardous Materials Management Program includes various activities designed to reduce the risks associated with the wide variety of hazardous materials used in our industrial society. These risks generally include the treatment, storage, transportation, and use of regulated chemicals. Program activities include:
- Emergency response
- Pollution prevention
- Site mitigation
- Implementing CUPA Program
In Plumas County the Environmental Health Department is the designated Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) that consolidates and coordinates administrative activities such as permits, inspections, and enforcement.
CUPA Programs include:
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP)
- Underground Storage Tanks(USTs)
- Aboveground Petroleum Storage (ASTs/APSA)
- Hazardous Waste Generators (HWG)
- California Accidental Release Prevention (CalARP) Program
Each CUPA program requires a consolidated permit from this department
How to obtain a permit
Permits for all CUPA regulatory programs are obtained by registering with Environmental Health and paying annual permit fees. Environmental Health can help determine what program your business fits into and what reporting requirements apply to you, please contact Environmental Health at (530) 283-6355 with any questions.
All reporting is done through the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS). Visit our Electronic Reporting Information page for more details.
- Business Owners Survival Guide to Hazardous Material Inspections (PDF)
- Hazardous Materials
- Emergency Preparedness Commodity Flow Study 2009 (PDF)
- Plumas County Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Plan 2023
- Lead-Based Paint Information (PDF)
- Fee Schedule